Cigna Corp ( CI) in a report released on Friday, surpassed estimates of both the top and bottom lines for the first quarter.
The insurer’s total revenue was $ 44.0 billion, ahead of Wall Street estimates of $ 43.6 billion.
Cigna reported net income of $ 1.2 billion, or $ 3.68 per share, and adjusted earnings of $ 6.01 per share, exceeding estimates of $ 5.18 per share.
The company reported a nearly 10 percent increase in Evernort, its healthcare business that includes pharmacy benefits management. The division posted adjusted revenue of $ 33.6 billion for the quarter.
Cigna’s largest competitors, including UnitedHealth (
) also increased their forecasts for the full year in April.
“We have had a strong start to the year as we promote our growth strategy and maintain the health and well-being of our
customers and clients, ”said Chairman and CEO David M. Cordani.
Increases the forecast for the whole of 2022
Gypsy focused modestly on the year-over-year, raising its adjusted earnings forecast to at least $ 22.60 per share from a preliminary estimate of at least $ 22.40 per share.
- As you can see from the charts, the Cigna has truly made a round trip to meet the S&P 500 after a different journey over the last year.
- Recent trends point to a significant conversion of Cigna compared to the benchmark index over the last six and three months, and we believe this trend will continue.
- Cigna is smarter than its larger competitors and we believe it will benefit from macro-trends in healthcare coverage if we move further and further away from the worst covid.
- CEO Cardani said: “We are taking decisive steps forward with innovation, new partnerships and reinvestment in our company so that we can achieve greater impact on the customers and communities we are honored to serve.”
- The company has an indicative track record of growth due to a number of changes in health insurance, which is 15% CAGR since 2010.
- Cigna’s dividends, which yield 1.75%, are much higher than UnitedHealthcare or Anthem, each of which yields about 1%.
Source: Equities News
Share price data is provided by IEX Cloud with a 15-minute delay. Chart cost data is provided by TradingView with a 15-minute delay.
This article is first published on Source link